The Inside Look at What its Like Being a Junior Web Designer
Ever wonder what it is like being a junior web designer? Then here is a quick guide for you to know what to expect from being a junior web designer. Junior web designer jobs are slowly increasing as the 21st century unfolds. There has never been a better time to be more proficient in web design due to the unprecedented demands of the the internet in this day and age. Website Design Companies are looking for the right talent related to this job. Now you may ask…
What Does a Junior Web Designer Do????
If you are wondering what a junior web designer job consists of from day to day, then here is a list of typical duties.
- Managing ongoing development of the companies website and support services.
- Routine maintenance of the main website, social applications, and social media support.
- Creating the best layout from a design perspective for the website to accomplish the targeted goal.
- Conducting creative research on projects based on the Art Director’s direction.
- Working effectively under pressure to make sure that deadlines are met
- Working with key technology platforms to provide the best website service.
How Do You Become a Junior Web Designer?
If you want to become a junior web designer, than you have to do your best to educate yourself not just on campus but also on the internet. A key part of getting the best salary is by exemplifying your web design qualifications and having a strong education to back it up. Here is a list of educational and skill requirements for a junior web designer.
- A Bachelors degree in Web Design or Web Development.
- A strong portfolio of well designed websites that showcase good web designs.
- Search engine optimization and content management experience.
- Well versed in programs such as Photoshop and Dreamweaver.
- Must be a team player with attention to detail.
- Must be professional and positive.
Remember, that it is always better for you to choose the right career in your life. Read the book called “The Pathfinder: How to Choose or Change Your Career for a Lifetime of Satisfaction and Success” by Nicholas Lore.
How Much is a Junior Web Designer’s Salary?
You may want to know whether the hard work that is required to be a junior web designer is worth it. A good junior web designer salary is a must. The average junior web designer earns around $35k – $40k a year as starter pay in the USA and £21K-£24K in Great Britain. The pay however, increases with experience and good job results. There is room for improvement and you may even become a Senior Web Designer who gets paid around $75K-$90K a year! If you like the potential promotion available with this job then junior web design might be the best way to go in your career.
But What About My Benefits???
Benefits of a junior web designer include:
- Health Insurance
- 401K Retirement Plan
- Paid Time Off and 9 Holidays Per Year.
- And Other Benefits Depending on Your Employer.
So whether you are looking to be a junior web designer in London or Miami, there is always a job opening near you. Most people apply online and get in just fine just as this man did as a Junior Web Developer:
If you want to know the basics on web design and how to start your preparation for a junior web designer job that is similar to a web designer job description then check out my article on how to be a web designer.
SCARED OF INTERVIEW QUESTIONS FOR JUNIOR WEB DESIGNERS??
Then here are some tips to get prepared for a job interview!
If you have any questions, feel free to contact me.